Zebra Z17 Muscle™ Flexor™ Coalescer
The Zebra Z17 Muscle™ Flexor™ Coalescer and tramp oil separator is recommended for use on individual sumps, operating day and night. Tramp oil is removed, and the sump circulates even if the machine’s pump is off. Sump circulation is key to preventing excessive bacterial growth. Bacteria will break down your coolant and create problems.
The Next Generation Muscle
- Patent-pending Flexor, the first ever internal surface skimmer:
- Concentrates late-separating oil
- Reduces surface-to-surface contact
- Forms columns of oil allowing for better oil-only discharge
- Automatically aerates
- Prevents bacterial growth
- cleaner fluid surface allows for chemical monitoring right from coalescing tank
- Choose from four passive skimmers or intake attachments
- IMPROVED-FLOW submersible, centrifugal pump
- NEW external solids filtration allows for easier maintenance:
- 1 pint capacity, 170µ stainless steel standard
- 1 quart capacity, 150µ stainless steel option (ordered separately)
- Permanent coalescing media accelerates oil collection
- 10 minute hold time
- Heavier-duty spin-welded fittings prevent cracking and leaks
- Crush resistant hoses can be customized, 4 foot standard
- Clean coolant returned back to sump via gravity
- Built-in siphon makes the coalescer easy to empty
- Drum dolly (ordered separately) allows easy movement between machine sumps
How it Works
- Dirty coolant is pulled from your sump surface (using an intake attachment) into the coalescing tank.
- The external filter captures recirculating fines. Larger capacity filter options available.
- The oleophilic (oil-attracting) coalescing media gathers tiny oil droplets that are too tiny to rise to the surface on their own. The surface area of our media collects enough of them together, until they become large enough to float. Muscle will remove all oils that float our within 10 minutes.
- The Flexor surface skimmer concentrates late-separating oils, containing them within the central coalescing cylinder. The formed column of oil allows for best oil-only discharge via the external spigot. Flexor provides a cleaner fluid surface, and automatically aerates to further prevent bacterial growth.
- Clean coolant is returned from the bottom of the tank back to your sump via gravity.
- Optional drum dolly.
How to Select your Muscle™ intake attachment
| Floating Sumpster (F)
| Hammerhead (H)
NOTE: These units ship directly from the manufacturer, Zebra Skimmers in Ohio. They have varying lead times, ranging from 1-10 business days.