Keller TKO Tramp Oil Skimmers for single sumps
The air-driven Keller TKO Tramp Oil Skimmer rapidly sweeps out tramp oil, cleaning and aerating the entire sump.
- Extended tool life, improved parts finish
- Smoke and odor eliminated
- Multiplied coolant life = much less machine downtime, greatly reduced coolant purchase and disposal costs
Exclusive Keller advantages
- Superior tramp oil separation – The Keller patented permanent oil separating/coalescing element provides extraordinary surface area in a small package, providing excellent oil splitting in a compact design.
- Rugged construction – By using only 1/2″ air-driven pumps, Keller has eliminated the numerous operating and reliability problems associated with electrical pumps or smaller air diaphragm pumps.
- Ease of setup and operation – A TKO unit ships UPS in one box, and setup time is about 15 minutes. Only a 1/4″ compressed air line is required to run the unit. Minimal operator attention is needed.
- Inexpensive – Even including the 1/2″ air pump, the unique Keller TKO compact design is 30% to 50% less costly than other comparatively equipped systems.
How the TKO Works
The self-priming air operated pump pulls the tramp oil/coolant mixture from the surface of the sump through the floating inlet device, then through a cartridge filter which removes any chips from the fluid. The oil/coolant mixture is then pumped through the patented Keller all-plastic separator element immersed in a separator tank. The cleaned coolant continuously returns to the sump. The oil layer collects on the top of the separator tank and is occasionally drained into a waste oil container, simply by opening the oil drain valve. No other operator attention is required.
|For Sump Sizes||Medium||Large||Large|
|Tramp Oil Loading||Moderate||Heavy||Very Heavy|
|Coolant Oil Rejection Rate||Efficient||Slow||Slow|
Each TKO Separator is shipped by UPS complete, ready for setup and includes (1) #RSM-3 Floating Inlet Device. Customer supplies only a 1/4″ compressed air line. The unit may be set on the floor adjacent to the sump, or the TKO-6 can be hung on the machine tool using the CLO-1 magnetic frame (see photo).